It began as the girl alternative to Funny or Die: a place where smart, independent, creative women could spread their brand of comedy on the web. A year in, ladyblogging site Hello Giggles may boast as much earnestness as comedy, but it is — in the words of its founding trio — a rare place on the web where negativity isn’t tolerated. “It’s positivity, all the time,” say actress Zooey Deschanel, producer Sophia Rossi, and writer Molly McAleer. On the eve of the site’s one-year anniversary, Tumblr sat down with the women to talk feminism, baby animals and what they have in common with tweens.
- Kit SteinkellnerYour Instagram pictures could end up in an art gallery — without your permission
- Sammy NickallsHappy birthday to the world's oldest person! She's 116 and she's fabulous.
- Rachel PaigeWe're more than a little obsessed with this Mario Kart/Mad Max mashup
- Cuddles and Rage Sprinkles make everything fun, even cleaning…
- Katherine McNamaraA quick, but very important guide to healthy relationships