It began as the girl alternative to Funny or Die: a place where smart, independent, creative women could spread their brand of comedy on the web. A year in, ladyblogging site Hello Giggles may boast as much earnestness as comedy, but it is — in the words of its founding trio — a rare place on the web where negativity isn’t tolerated. “It’s positivity, all the time,” say actress Zooey Deschanel, producer Sophia Rossi, and writer Molly McAleer. On the eve of the site’s one-year anniversary, Tumblr sat down with the women to talk feminism, baby animals and what they have in common with tweens.
- Kathryn LindsayThese college majors will actually cost you extra
- Jen JuneauThis is what happens when kids try dark chocolate for the first time
- Jessica TholmerStarbucks' ode to the end of summer: Two new Frappuccino flavors
- Nikita RichardsonThere's a new mega-moving trailer for ‘He Named Me Malala'
- Rachel PaigeAnother crazy ‘GoT' PSA: Show's least favorite dad might not be dead