It began as the girl alternative to Funny or Die: a place where smart, independent, creative women could spread their brand of comedy on the web. A year in, ladyblogging site Hello Giggles may boast as much earnestness as comedy, but it is — in the words of its founding trio — a rare place on the web where negativity isn’t tolerated. “It’s positivity, all the time,” say actress Zooey Deschanel, producer Sophia Rossi, and writer Molly McAleer. On the eve of the site’s one-year anniversary, Tumblr sat down with the women to talk feminism, baby animals and what they have in common with tweens.
- Bridey HeingShould we put 9-year-olds in adult fashion campaigns?
- Kathryn LindsayThese 2-year-old girls are giving us all the #fashiongoals
- Sarah HathewayHit the beach in summery style with this DIY drawstring bag
- Sammy NickallsA toddler damages a neighbor's car. Parents get sweetest bill ever.
- Christina WolfgramBowing down to this fan who NAILED his Zendaya impression (and got her seal of approval)