It began as the girl alternative to Funny or Die: a place where smart, independent, creative women could spread their brand of comedy on the web. A year in, ladyblogging site Hello Giggles may boast as much earnestness as comedy, but it is — in the words of its founding trio — a rare place on the web where negativity isn’t tolerated. “It’s positivity, all the time,” say actress Zooey Deschanel, producer Sophia Rossi, and writer Molly McAleer. On the eve of the site’s one-year anniversary, Tumblr sat down with the women to talk feminism, baby animals and what they have in common with tweens.
- Carly LaneKatniss Everdeen + Jon Snow = The ultimate fandom face-off
- Gina MeiAll the things Jeff Goldblum has ever sold
- Jessica TholmerEverything I need to know, I learned from Luna Lovegood
- Tyler VendettiYou know what would make the ‘Friends' theme even better? Puppies!
- Rachel PaigeSo, we're only hardcore crushing on Bill Nye's mom