It began as the girl alternative to Funny or Die: a place where smart, independent, creative women could spread their brand of comedy on the web. A year in, ladyblogging site Hello Giggles may boast as much earnestness as comedy, but it is — in the words of its founding trio — a rare place on the web where negativity isn’t tolerated. “It’s positivity, all the time,” say actress Zooey Deschanel, producer Sophia Rossi, and writer Molly McAleer. On the eve of the site’s one-year anniversary, Tumblr sat down with the women to talk feminism, baby animals and what they have in common with tweens.
- Rachel PaigeDisney movies with feminist title changes are hilariously perfect
- Natalie SouthwickThis guy was kicked out of his frat for offensively ranking women
- Amber BryceA thank you note to macaroni and cheese
- Kathryn LindsayLily-Rose Depp is staying in the family business, becoming a major movie star
- Marti SchodtAll the times Gina Linetti was your spirit guide