Saturday Night Live is, I think, the most sacred place on television. Obviously the best part about SNL for me is how many funny ladies there are on the show. Everyone is hilarious, though not to be exclusive or anything but I find the women particularly funny. Everyone complains about how the old Saturday Night Live was so great and the current SNL doesn’t compare, well haters, I just cannot agree. Kristen Wiig kills me on Saturday Night Live. So in honor of her birthday here are my five favorite Kristin Wiig sketches!
Also, even though this is a Five Fave SNL character post, I can’t talk about Kristen Wiig and not mention Bridesmaids, which she not only starred in but also co-wrote. But that is a post in and of itself.
1. Garth and Kat – Garth and Kat are a singing duo who go on Weekend Update to perform but are literally never ready. They lie obviously and try to improvise with each other, making up the lyrics as they go. It is really ridiculous and they usually start laughing, which always makes me laugh hysterically. I love them, their turtlenecks, their vests and their Suze Orman hair.
2. Gilly - What even is Gilly, you guys? She’s this mischievous little girl who just causes problems intentionally where ever she goes, then denies it… but then admits it. I can only say that her facial expressions are the most hilarious part!
3. Penelope - Penelope is that character that is ALWAYS one-upping everyone. Like, nothing is too big to for her to one up. She will always top you. There is no beating Penelope. I lose it when the person she’s arguing with tries to out do her in frustration and then she beats them again…and they’re just left there… losing to Penelope.
4. Dooneese on the Lawrence Welk Show - Um, I really don’t think I can describe this without sounding completely absurd. So just look at the picture and try to not laugh. Giggling yet?
5. Sue - Sue can’t contain her excitement when it comes to surprising people or keeping a secret. I mean literally, she physically cannot contain her excitement. She EXPLODES when she has a secret. She gets “sooo excitedd!!!!”, like Sue, calm down!
Happy Birthday, girl!! We love you!