Today (April 20th) is Jessica Lange’s birthday! Let’s face it… Jessica’s amazing career is worth celebrating. Today we’re taking a look at a few fun facts and trivia about this Hollywood starlet.
- Jessica Lange is one of the most celebrated actors of the modern era. She has received two Oscars, two Emmys, five Golden Globes, one SAG Award, and three Dorian Awards. Obviously, her dedicated work in theatre, film, and television has paid off, and she has the trophy case to show for it.
- Jessica is mother to three children, Aleksandra, Hannah Jane, and Samuel Walker. Clearly, she treasures them:
“The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.”
“For me, nothing has ever taken precedence over being a mother and having a family and a home.”
A successful acting career and a loving mother. Jessica does it with class.
- Lange is from Cloquet, Minnesota, and will be 65 today.
- In the early ’90s, Lange fostered a child with disabilities from Romania.
- Even though King Kong (1976) was a huge hit, Lange received harsh reviews just because she was a former model. This didn’t stop her, however, from continuing to pursue her career in acting. And look at her now, totally rockin’ it! Very inspirational.
- You may know Jessica from her latest Golden Globe winning role in American Horror Story. She played a supporting role, Constance, the oddball neighbor to the family living in a haunted house in the first season, and has had a leading role in every season since.
- Other Jessica Lange films you may recognize include The Vow, Prozac Nation, Blue Sky, Music Box, Tootsie, and All That Jazz.
- When it comes to philanthropy, Jessica is a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund), specializing in the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the Dominican Republic of the Congo, and in spreading awareness of HIV/AIDS in Russia.
- And I’ll leave you with a few inspirational quotes from this leading lady:
“Acceptance and tolerance and forgiveness, those are life-altering lessons.“
“I love being a mother. I loved being a daughter, a sister, a wife. I love being a woman with men. I love having given birth.“
“I regret those times when I’ve chosen the dark side. I’ve wasted enough time not being happy.“
Happy Birthday, Jessica!
Featured image via A Mirror Mirage