Mixed Drinks?

A place for older Gigglers to discuss more "adult" topics not suitable elsewhere.

Re: Mixed Drinks?

Postby whirlingdervish » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:15 am

Jack Daniels. In a shot glass. The end.
Although since the thread is about "mixed drinks" I can also enjoy it with Coke. Or Ginger. :)
whirlingdervish

Postby Karen » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:33 pm

elizabethlsiegel wrote:I'm a big fan of Pinnacle vodkas. They have a new flavor called Gummy. It tastes like Swedish Fish. I drank it mixed with Sprite on Halloween... awesome. I usually stick to mixed drinks that are like, flavored vodka + soda and just experiment. Pinnacle Whipped is good with anything and so is cherry flavored everything.

It's okay. I can do these stupid drinks because I'm 21. hahaha

I saw the Gummy Vodka at the store, and had no clue what it could be mixed with, so I totally appreciate the Sprite mention. (Was that a guess, or did someone clue you into it? Any other combinations? I'm curious.)
Karen

Postby whirlingdervish » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:22 am

I cant tell you how many people are drinking all those Pinnacle and Three Olives flavored vodkas. We just got Cookie Dough and Marshmallow in at the bar I work at. Im not personally a fan but they are super in demand!

I am curious to try the Three Olives "dude" though. Its supposed to taste like Mountain Dew :)
whirlingdervish

Postby elizabethlsiegel » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:10 am

Karen- I actually asked the bartender what they were mixing Gummy with because it was a special that night and she clued me into the Sprite.

whirlingdervish- I really want to try Cookie Dough and Marshmallow! I think they'd be really good in hot chocolate??? And "Dude" is great. The night that I bought it, some friends and I drank half the bottle straight out of the bottle in the backseat of a parked car. I know, typical reckless 20-somethings, but it was one of the most fun nights I had over the summer! :)
I'm on Twitter. * is my name. Let's be friends.

I'm also blogging about music. Read my opinions at theinternetjerk.tumblr.com
elizabethlsiegel

Postby karolinamanuela » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:57 am

My favourite drinks in 2011: It all started with Gin Tonic, then it was Martini and then I discovered a drink called "Red Corvette" on a birthday party, only a few days before NYE. This is SO going to be my 2012-drink.

They hired 3 (hot) bartenders and since there was nobody else ordering a drink, all of them were starring at me while I was looking at the drink menu. I got so nervous, so I quickly searched for the drink with the shortest recipe :D

Here you go: Melon liqueur (Midori) + hazelnut liqueur (Frangelico) + fresh strawberries. Blended with crushed ice and THAT'S IT.

It is fresh and fruity but not too fruity because of the hazelnut liqueur, I guess. It works just like coconut milk/liqueur, it kinda "balances out". Perfect.
"...les temps sont durs pour les rêveurs."
karolinamanuela

Postby michelle_sw » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:08 am

Gin and tonic for sure :D
Ain't no party like a Liz Lemon party, 'cause a Liz Lemon party is MANDATORY.

http://hellogiggles.com/michelle-escobar
http://chellmabell.tumblr.com/
http://www.last.fm/user/SillyMichelle
michelle_sw

Postby Holly GoViolently » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:12 am

OMG Ive been ordering vodka gimlets like crazy lately. However, although it makes me feel like Im vicariously living in the Mad Men world, the drinks have too much sugar, which to my demise, leave me with quite the unpleasant hangover the next day. :(
Holly GoViolently

Postby anacinforheadaches » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:23 am

I don't drink, but I know people who like goldschlager mixed with chocolate milk, they say it tastes like a chocolate covered cinnamon bear.
anacinforheadaches

Postby rafel3 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:07 am

my go to is lemonade (my fave is the simply brand) and raspberry smirnoff. i don't particularly like the taste of vodka and the lemonade completely masks it!! its delish! :D
rafel3

Postby ohnicolajoy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:26 pm

c o c k t a i l s

Champagne c o c k t a i l s like: one measure elderflower cordial, one part good quality vodka (NOT Smirnoff) and topped up with fizzy, be it Champagne, Cava or Prossecco are always tasty. Be careful though, I once drank three of these real quick when I first gave up smoking and passed out at 10pm, totally missing the party that was being held at MY HOUSE.

Mojito's made with fresh lime and mint...

I could go on but the point really I think is fresh good quality ingredients and your in for a treat :D

PS why won't this forum let me write the word c o c k t a i l ?

C O C K T A I L S !
ohnicolajoy

PreviousNext

Return to Giggles After Dark