Beer & Wine Thread

A place for older Gigglers to discuss more "adult" topics not suitable elsewhere.

Re: Beer & Wine Thread

Postby ohheyimrachelb » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:07 pm

I love Fruli, it's a strawberry beer and tastes like heaven, seriously, i'm pretty sure heaven tastes like Fruli.
I also love sweet reislings
I tried a banana foster martini the other day....sounded good tasted....no bueno..however my friend was a fan of it, so you never know.
when I'm at a bar and I dunno what to get my drink of choice is a dirty shirley, it's a shirley temple with vodka in it :)
ohheyimrachelb

Postby LostInOz » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:56 am

ohheyimrachelb wrote:I love Fruli, it's a strawberry beer and tastes like heaven, seriously, i'm pretty sure heaven tastes like Fruli.
I also love sweet reislings

Can you buy Fruli at the store, or is it only on tap in the US? I tried to search for a place near me that sells it, but sadly it seems the closest place is a state away :( and I can't tell if it's at a store or bar. If its as good as you say I may try picking some up on my next trip out of town.
LostInOz

Postby candielu » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:36 am

I only drink beer when I'm out with clients and I feel like I should have a drink in my hand - beer is usually an easy choice and is what most of the men are drinking. I don't really drink often anyway (got that all out of my system back when I wasn't supposed to be), so I nurse that beer I don't actually like for way longer than necessary.

Wine I am okay with, but I don't really know anything about it. I recently went to a wine festival with my sister, just so we could do all of the tastings. Neither of us really knew what we liked, so that is a good way to figure it out. Even between different wineries, something that should taste similar just didn't. We'd like it from one place and spit it out at another.

So I really think that's something to do if you (like me) want to enjoy wine, but you don't know what to try. Those festivals make it so easy to find something (and I got our tickets 50% off from dealchicken - sorta like groupon).

Don't always trust the somelier at a restaurant, either. I did a food tasting and ordered the wine pairing with it. He chose the WORST wines. They were awful. One literally tasted and smelled like nail polish remover (the client I was with agreed).
candielu

Postby candielu » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:49 am

oh, and the one wine my sister and I both agreed on at the festival we went to was from Cava Winery (it was a NJ festival, btw, so all NJ wineries). She and my mom love the strawberry riesling. My mom says it doesn't give her a headache after like other wines, and my sister uses it to make sangria. My sis and I liked the Ceci Bella Acai Berry cabernet.
candielu

Postby sarah242k » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:50 am

Mmm...beer and wine :D

I'm currently on an Amber Ale kick. Fat Tire is great. My personal favorite at the moment is Fish Tale Amber Ale. It's organic too, which is always nice!

As for other beers, anything Henry Weinhard is great. The blonde is for sure my favorite from them.

Wine. I have a hard time metabolizing reds properly, so usually just have one glass max. Whites on the other hand...mmm! If you have a Grocery Outlet in your area, check it out! So many great wines, for affordable prices. I tend to like wines from Australia, Italy, and South America.
sarah242k

Postby Frau_Peppernose » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:04 pm

I currently live in Munich and I know it sounds like a horrible cliché but the Bavarians do make the best beer. If you ever make it to Munich, you should try Augustiner. It is the best beer in the world. Really! :-)
Frau_Peppernose

Previous

Return to Giggles After Dark