Beer & Wine Thread

A place for older Gigglers to discuss more "adult" topics not suitable elsewhere.

Re: Beer & Wine Thread

Postby elizabethlsiegel » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:17 pm

xolacie wrote:anything Brooklyn Brewery! do you get that by you?

Next time I'm in Bklyn I'm jumping on that. :D
I'm on Twitter. * is my name. Let's be friends.

I'm also blogging about music. Read my opinions at theinternetjerk.tumblr.com
elizabethlsiegel

Postby onsilver_stars » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:27 pm

printcards wrote:I'm not a big fan of red wine, but I once had a Malbec that I loooved at an Argentinian restaurant. The thing is, whenever I buy Malbec on my own, I hate. Any recommendations?

I'm currently drinking an Argentinean Malbec, and it's perfection. If I remembered the brand I would tell you, but that would require me getting off my couch, and let's be real, VH1 is super entertaining tonight.

This might be the most pointless post I've ever made. Forgive me. There is wine involved.
...I wish and wish and wish.

I know I'm private, but I'll accept you I swear! You only have to request it.. *
onsilver_stars

Postby xyz » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:47 am

xolacie wrote:anything Brooklyn Brewery! do you get that by you?

I've never seen it and the problem with (one of them anyway) living in Texas is that apparently beer companies can't tell you where their product is sold on their websites? So basically it is a crapshoot every time I go to the liquor store.

printcards wrote:If you like Riesling, you absolutely having to try Dragonstone! The maker, Leitz, consistently wins major awards in Europe for it, yet it's only about $15/bottle!

I will keep my eye out for this! With Thanksgiving coming up, I see multiple wine purchases in my near future.

While at the supermarket tonight I picked up some St. Arnold's Christmas Ale. Definitely will be purchasing again, so tasty. It has a higher ABV content though so watch out!
xyz

Postby Truan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:30 pm

I still find it weird that you guys in the US have to wait til you're 21 to drink! Although I'm guessing that rule is broken more often than not, just like over here in Aus :P

Wow I have never heard any of the ones you guys mentioned! I like Corona and Peroni beer, but I'm not really a huge fan of beer so it'll usually be a Rose or white sav blanc wine. Bass Felix is quite good too. However I do like the occasional * - toblerone anyone? :D
I'm on twitter *. And I'm a newbie blogger at ateaspoonoftru.blogspot.com.
Truan

Postby elizabethlsiegel » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:37 am

Well, before I turned 21, I didn't really have much of a choice in what I drank. I drank a lot when I was 18, 19 at fraternities and I just drank what was there. Since I've been 21, I've been able to buy what I want and really learn what I like to drink.
I'm on Twitter. * is my name. Let's be friends.

I'm also blogging about music. Read my opinions at theinternetjerk.tumblr.com
elizabethlsiegel

Postby hiphopscotch » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:21 pm

I love beer! My favorites are wiet beers and hefeweizens, basically anything Belgian or wheat. I don't like getting drunk, so I usually stick to one good beer and I'm good for the night! Some good ones to try are:
1. Flying Dog Brewery-Raging Bitch which is a Belgian-style IPA.
2. Stone Brewing Co.-Arrogant * which is (I guess) a black IPA which is an incrediblyyyyyyyyy hoppy session beer.
3. New Belgium Brewing-1554 Enlightened Black Ale. This one is incredibly smooth and very different and tasty
hiphopscotch

Postby gurlwithacurl » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:36 pm

My current fav is a kind of hard cider ale from england called strongbow... have only been able to get in florida though. The Salty Dog in Siesta key is awesome!
gurlwithacurl.tumblr.com
gurlwithacurl

Postby printcards » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:21 pm

gurlwithacurl wrote:My current fav is a kind of hard cider ale from england called strongbow... have only been able to get in florida though. The Salty Dog in Siesta key is awesome!

When my boyfriend was in England he totally loved Strongbow. I was excited to try it because I thought hard cider meant alcoholic apple cider, haha. Beer isn't my thing so I was disappointed, but it's definitely really popular throughout England. You might be able to get it in more pub-style bars.
printcards

Postby whirlingdervish » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:19 am

I just recently had a watermelon beer which I KNOW sounds gross and normally I hate fruity stuff, but it was INSANELY good. I cant see having more than one though. Nice for when you just want one.

I cant remember who made it. Just that it had the statue of liberty and said "Come hell or high watermelon, wheat beer" on the can.... lol
whirlingdervish

Postby WibblyWobbly » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:58 pm

Not anything fancy, but my brother and I bought Pumpkin Shock Top for Thanksgiving, and it was delish! I'm into trying anything seasonal. Even if its the worlds cheapest beer, if it comes in Christmas-flavor, Ill try it!
WibblyWobbly

PreviousNext

Return to Giggles After Dark