Mixed Drinks?

A place for older Gigglers to discuss more "adult" topics not suitable elsewhere.

Mixed Drinks?

Postby Lyne » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:14 pm

I know there is all ready a beer and wine thread, but what about mixed drinks? That is what I tend to drink. My staple is vodka+cranberry and lately pinnacle whipped vodka with strawberry kiwi juice.

What are some of your favorites?
Admin at BarelyComical
Writing/Reading blog: Blathering of a Bibliophile
Lyne

Re: Mixed Drinks?

Postby rachel_alicyn » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:15 pm

I've been finding myself getting a vodka gimlet whenever I go out lately. It's light and refreshing, and I tend to feel like Betty Draper when I order it.
Here by the owl...
rachel_alicyn

Postby xyz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:56 pm

I don't usually drink mixed drinks. They are fun to have every now and again but it is not something (now that I'm over 25) I could have more than 1 or 2 of in a night. I love gin & tonic though.
xyz

Postby elizabethlsiegel » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:20 pm

I'm a big fan of Pinnacle vodkas. They have a new flavor called Gummy. It tastes like Swedish Fish. I drank it mixed with Sprite on Halloween... awesome. I usually stick to mixed drinks that are like, flavored vodka + soda and just experiment. Pinnacle Whipped is good with anything and so is cherry flavored everything.

It's okay. I can do these stupid drinks because I'm 21. hahaha
I'm on Twitter. * is my name. Let's be friends.

I'm also blogging about music. Read my opinions at theinternetjerk.tumblr.com
elizabethlsiegel

Postby BriSoFly88 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:05 am

Grey Goose and Tonic. More Goose than tonic. 2 limes. My drink since I could legally drink. Love it.
BriSoFly88

Postby printcards » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:18 pm

I go through fazes with my drinks. I got so sick of vodka cranberry because it would usually be the only option besides beer at college parties, but it was the cheapest vodka in the world with warm, gross cranberry juice. That kind of turned me off the drink for life.

For a while I was hooked on White Russians. It was like having dessert and coffee! I also drank peach schnapps for a long time. Then I fell in love with Midori Sours. My college gives each class year a color, and ours was green, so of course we had to think up a drink that went with it! After about a year, I felt the Midori Sours were too sweet and not strong enough, so I started to order a flavored vodka with a spalsh of sprite. I find that sort of boring, though. I'm definitely on the hunt for a new drink so I'm glad this thread was created!

A really fun thing to make for casual parties is alcoholic milk shakes. Mix either vanilla or chocolate ice cream in a blender with peppermint schnapps, and pour! So easy, but so good.
printcards

Postby printcards » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:19 pm

Oh, I wanted to add that I once had a cucumber martini. It was so refreshing and kind of the perfect drink for a summer evening.
printcards

Postby Alice » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Makers mark!
Alice

Postby rachel_alicyn » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:28 am

Alice wrote:Makers mark!

Absolutely! On the rocks is the only way.
Here by the owl...
rachel_alicyn

Postby anne » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:15 pm

I love a good apple martini. I'm also into bellinis, sangrias, and anything with a peach flavor (sex on the beach!)

I suck at mixing drinks. I don't make them, I just drink them.
Twitter: *
anne

Next

Return to Giggles After Dark