Gilmore Girls

Discuss your favourite films and TV shows, old and new, here!

Gilmore Girls

Postby HuckFinn1 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:08 pm

This is such a good show, and I still enjoy watching the re-runs when they're on.

Does anyone else like to think that Rory and Jess end up together?
HuckFinn1

Re: Gilmore Girls

Postby isazrainbow » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:24 pm

I love gilmore girls! I followed the show religiously until I had to cut my cable and somehow never managed to get past season 5 :cry:
I learned so much from that show, haha. I hope to one day be half as knowledgeable as lorelai. :lol:
isazrainbow

Postby printcards » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:54 pm

I own every season on DVD and pop them in pretty frequently. It's gotten to the point where I talk about the characters as if they're people I know! I definitely think that Rory ends up with Jess. In my mind, she meets up with him when she is covering Obama in Philadelphia and then they constantly write each other while she's on the road. Once the election is over, she moves to Philly to be with him since she can write for an online newspaper from anywhere.

The episode where she graduates from high school still makes me cry.
printcards

Postby HuckFinn1 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:35 am

Ooo, I like your storyline!

Personally, I'm a bigger fan of the earlier seasons. When Rory is in her last couple years of college I think the show goes slightly down hill. I've still watched all of them, but I prefer the earlier ones. Plus, I never liked Logan, so that didn't help.

I'm surprised this isn't a more popular thread! How are there not more fans of this show?!
HuckFinn1

Postby printcards » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:54 pm

I have a theory that the plan the writers had in mind was for Logan to actually Tristan, but matured and now good for Rory. But since CCM was tied up, they had to make a new character.
printcards

Postby HuckFinn1 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:38 am

Very interesting. Do you have any particular reason for thinking that, or is it just a shot in the dark?
HuckFinn1

Postby printcards » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:21 pm

I just felt that Logan and Tristan were very similar- in looks, in background, in attitude. They also had a similar plot line in the beginning, in that Rory felt they were teasing her but they actually liked her. It's like the writers wanted to finish the Tristan storyline but CCM was on One Tree Hill so they reinvented it.
printcards

Postby HuckFinn1 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:24 am

I can definetly see that!
HuckFinn1

Postby Alice » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:39 pm

Jess forever!
Alice

Postby cindypark26 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:21 pm

Wow I LOVE that idea of the Logan/Tristan writer's dilemma. I always wanted something between Rory and Tristan to happen...

This show is my jam. I've seen every episode of every season and have been compared to Lorelai on numerous accounts whenever I have forced a then-boyfriend to watch it.

love. love. love.
    Often imitated, never duplicated.
cindypark26

Next

Return to Ones To Watch