Documentaries

Discuss your favourite films and TV shows, old and new, here!

Re: Documentaries

Postby SarahR » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:28 am

tiny_increments wrote:I love Man on Wire. One of the best documentaries ever! They some how managed to make a story told to the camera by frenchmen incredibly suspenseful and riveting. And it's so inspiring watching someone talk about the thing they are the most passionate about, the thing they believe they were destined to do. Amazing!

I just watched this too! Loved how they combined still photos, vintage film, new interviews, and re-enactments to make it into a heist film!
See the best documentaries I'm watching at: http://docsinayear.blogspot.com/
SarahR

Postby AprilTaylor » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:27 pm

i love documentaries, i'll watch them about anything lol

russia's greatest spy, i watched this today, its not the best but a good way to pass an hour lol. food, inc was really good but mad and a bit scary at the same time. biggie and tupac i looooooved and i'm not even a fan of either, if that matters lol eeemmm the kennedy detail is really worth seeing, its really well done. i really liked catfish and then i heard that it was fake so i dunno what to make of it now but i saw another one called talhotblond which was along similarish lines.

theres also a really good one about the financial crisis and the recession and i cannot remember for the life of me what its called? sorry lol :(
AprilTaylor

Postby SarahR » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:19 pm

I think that doc was "Inside Job" about the financial crisis. It won the Oscar in 2010.
See the best documentaries I'm watching at: http://docsinayear.blogspot.com/
SarahR

Postby LittlestThing » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:13 pm

I mostly watch travel documentaries or those half documentaries half reality shows... However, a while ago I stumbled upon Louis Theroux (from BBC) and in the past two days (yay no school :D) I'v seen almost ten of his documentaries. I really like his approach; how he asks exactly the questions everyone wants the answers to and how he doesn't judge people for their lifestyle - he just seems generaly curios about them. He mostly covers subcultures, such as religious cults, different institutions, lifestyles... The film I've just finnished watching is called Extreme love: Autism, I think it's really well done. If you like documentries you shoud definitely google him :)
LittlestThing

Previous

Return to Ones To Watch