The first Earth Day ever was in April 22, 1970 – that year, one in 10 Americans took part in protests and rallies to support Earth Day, their efforts ultimately led to the birth of the Environmental Protection Agency. These videos show a totally different world, but one concerned with many of the same issues we are today – environmental deterioration, unchecked air and water pollution, and general respect for the planet.
- From Our Readers Things I learned on a cross-country family road trip
- Gina MeiA bunch of our favorite humans star in this NSFW ‘The Night Before' trailer
- Jill LaytonWe have two new idols, and they're showing us just how our generation can change the world
- Sammy NickallsFeels: Why a little boy's plea for junk mail led to an outpouring of kindness
- Margaret EbySo many questions for Karina Longworth—the badass Hollywood historian behind ‘You Must Remember This'