is can be a wonderful place, but on the other hand, it can also be a place where people make themselves look like complete idiots. A reputation can be ruined forever with just one stupid post. Here are some absolute Facebook DONT’S.
1. DON’T put your new profile picture with the caption: “OMGGG I look soooo ugly in this pictureee :(” If you think you look horrible, why would you set it as your profile picture? You’re fishing for compliments, and it makes you look desperate.
2. DON’T exclude people. Everyone knows the feeling of being left out. If you and all of your friends are hanging out and one of your friends isn’t invited, don’t make a ton of posts saying how much fun you’re having, or post picures of you and your friends having “the best time everrrr!!!”. Better yet, did you know that this option was available?
I think this is a good way to make sure no one feels left out.
3. DON’T do status updates every 5 minutes explaining how much you hate your life and how miserable you are. If you need to talk it out, there is this amazing thing called “Chat”. Most likely you will have someone online that you can talk to about how much you hate life. Plus, you know that the mean boys in your class will “like” the status which will make you feel crappier. Of course you then have to make a new status complaining about that.
4. DON’T ask someone to hang out by writing it on their wall. “Hey, do you wanna go to the movies tomorrow? Call me!” or even worse updating your status to “Hey Kasie, do you wanna hang out? Call me!” Not only will it make some people feel left out, but it’s your personal business, and no-one really needs to know it. And no-one probably cares, anyway.
5. DON’T try to start a poke war with me. I do not want to be in a poke war with you. Please stop poking me.
Photo via Forbes (Then edited by Mikaela Foster)