For more fun, I mention that you can stud the bottom cuff of a pair of jeans – like I did in here – or you can spike a headband, like I did in here! Or you could also do a jacket, purse, etc.! Also, check out another cut-off shorts DIY here!
DIY Studded and Spiked Short
What You Need:
- Cut off shorts
- Spikes and studs of your choosing – try crustpunks.com or studsandspikes.com
- A dart awl or sharp instrument
- Flat head screwdriver
- Phillips head screw driver if needed for the screw back spikes
- Plan your layout with your studs and spikes.
- For the screw back spikes: poke a hole with your dart awl, insert the screw back through the hole from the underside of the garment. Screw the spike onto the screw back and tighten with the screwdriver.
- For the prong studs: poke the prongs through the fabric and use your flat head screwdriver to flatten the prongs down snug against the fabric.
- DIY shorts – original shorts from no name store on Melrose near Poinsettia
- Shirt from Urban Outfitters
- Shoes from Aldo
- Watch by Nixon
- All jewelry from Mr. Kate
Photos via mrkate.com