Wine is always the go-to gift for dinner parties, etc. (fancy olive oil or sparkling juice is a great non-alcoholic option). I keep a stockpile of vino for quickie gifts when we go over to someone’s house, it’s just a nice gesture, right!? This holiday season take your host/hostess gifts to the next level with a pair of socks! New socks, please! I’m all about vintage and thrift but draw the line at socks and undies – so get some new fuzzy warm socks to keep on hand for this DIY. I got these in a pack of 3 from Walgreens for cheap!
What You Need:
- A bottle of something special (doesn’t have to be wine, a nice olive oil, balsamic or sparkling juice is great too!)
- A pair of cozy socks
- A card (I used a post card folded in half)
- Tag cut from a paper bag, if you want more decoration
- Ribbons, wraphia, twine, etc. whatever you have on hand
- Hold punch
- Use one sock to clothe your bottle of wine
- Use your other sock to tie as a bow tie around the bottle neck – tie it in one knot and tuck the ends in to make a bow shape.
- Cut your tag and ribbons, write your card and punch holes in your cards/tags for the ribbon
- Wrap your ribbons around the bottle neck and secure your cards to the ribbon through the holes – tie a bow to secure.