Sock buns are my new obsession! Ever wonder how people get those meaty, chubby buns (in their hair, people!)? I suspect they put a sock in it! I am fully aware that I did not invent this age-old trick to give yourself an easy and fatty bun, but I decided to do a DIY video for one anyways because I think it’s such a fun trick!
It also gives you amazing waves in your hair if you put a sock in it while damp and go to sleep. You will awake to rolling waves…in your hair.
Watch the video above for visual instructions.
What You Need:
- A sock
- A hair elastic
- Cut the toe off of the sock to create a tube.
- Roll your tube into a ‘bagel’ shape.
- Make a ponytail in your hair where you want the bun.
- Pull your ponytail through the center of the sock bagel and spread your hair around the sock.
- Roll the sock down the length of your ponytail (towards your head) and wrap your hair around it as you go. Make your you’re covering the sock as you go.
- When you’ve reached the base of your ponytail, tuck in any remaining ends and make sure the sock is covered with hair.
Ta da! That is one meaty bun you’ve got there!
Photos via Ciao Beautiful, Her Campus, Pinterest and mrkate.com