As I’ve posted about before here, I am really into my at-home gel manicures and nail art! It saves me so much money and is a really fun way to get funky via my nails!
Watch the video above for the full tutorial.
- Prep your nails for any gel manicure (will work with regular nail polish, too). atch my how-to for an at home gel manicure here!
- Paint a neutral or clear coat of gel for your base coat and cure.
- Lay out your glitter pots and fan brush or paint brush. – I used loose glitter by FantaSea that I got from Amazon – find out more about my nail art supplies here!
- Paint another coat of clear polish – don’t cure.
- Dip your fan brush in your first glitter color and lightly tap the glitter onto your wet polish, starting at one corner of your nail (I started with red at the base).
- Brush off the excess glitter on a paper towel and move onto the next color making a line next to the first (I used orange next). Brush off the excess glitter.
- Then continue step 6 using a different color glitter every time working your way diagonally up your nail (I used red, orange, yellow, green, turquoise, purple and pink).
- Once you’re done with all your glitter colors, cure your glitter coat in the light for 1 minute.
- Paint another coat of clear and cure once more.
- Buff any rough patches using a buffer to smooth any thick or sharp glitter spots.
- Paint another layer of clear and cure one last time – done! It will last for 2 weeks if you used gel. Yay!
All photos via mrkate.com