It is Prom season around the country and many of you who are attending are wondering what to wear! Well, have no fear, because some chick (me) who is too old to go to prom made a silly/informative video to aid in your personal styling! Yes, I am too old to go to prom and when I actually did go – err, years ago – we had a “Heaven and Hell” theme and I wore a dress from a gothic store and made my hair into horns and dyed the tips red. In lieu of a theme, I decided to do a spin on traditional prom wear and think outside the box with silhouette and make-up. Your prom is a special event, so you should feel magical and unique…and hopefully you get to go with your dream guy who lets you hold is lucky basketball.
For those of us that are past our prom years, these looks are easily interpreted for dress-up party wear! Or you could just throw yourself a Prom ‘after party’, since that’s when all the crazy stuff happens anyway. You could do it DIY COUCHella style but in prom outfits!
Look 1: Feminine/Classic
- Dress: ASOS
- Shoes: Marcello Toshi
- Earrings: vintage
- Ring: Mr. Kate Bacchus ring
- Clutch: vintage
- Hair: in a messy top knot or sock bun
- Make-up: lightly smudged eye make-up and a berry lip (Stila in Cranberry)
Look 2: Funky/Masquerade
- Dress: H&M
- Tutu: American Apparel
- Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
- Necklace: Mr. Kate Vintage Logo Necklace and vintage rhinestone necklace
- Purse: vintage beaded
- Hair: half up/half down, naturally big and curly (curly hair video here)
- Make-up: create the mask with a bunched-up piece of plastic cling wrap and dunk it in a mixture of loose eyeshadow and water. Dab the colors on your face to create a ‘lace’ look. Mask colors by Concrete minerals and gold by Make-up Forever.