A video from the recent Mr. Kate Fashion’s Night Out Event at A.sweeT Boutique (combination candy store and clothing boutique) with some DIY party decoration tips based off the window display I did! It was inspired by my Mr. Kate Love Loop necklace and Mini Cereal necklaces and rings… and of course the Mr. Kate logo, which is a mustache and beauty mark.
The materials and techniques I used to decorate the window could very easily translate into on-the-cheap, colorful party decorations for a variety of events (birthdays, kid’s party, Movember, etc!)
- 5 boxes of Fruit Loops (depending on how many vases you want to fill)
- Clear glass vases
- Lolly pops, candy canes
- Giant Pixie Sticks and Candy Buttons
- Colorful poster board
- Glue dots
- Cut out mustache shapes from the different colored poster board and hang them with tape or glue dots from rope or ribbon.
- Fill clear glass vases with Fruit Loops and display lolly pops, pixie sticks and candy canes as your ‘flowers’.
- Make a rope of Fruit Loops by stringing them onto a piece of twine – use this rope as decoration or to hang your mustaches!
- Use tape or glue dots to hang Giant Button Candy sheets long a rope or ribbon for a colorful ‘flag-like’ banner.