What You Need:
- Silicone caulk (I recommend getting the 100% silicone – I originally used one with latex and acrylic, which worked fine but the 100% silicone is an easier consistency to apply)
- A phone case you done mind covering with frosting (we got a pack of 4 clear iPhone cases for $5 from EBay)
- Doo dads for your decorations! Just search “decoden” on Etsy and it turns up a ton of Kawaii cute things to use as decorations. Other options are: jewels, rhinestones, spikes (I got my spikes from studsandspikes.com)
- Utensil like the butt of a pencil
- Optional: frosting tips to put on the nozzle of the silicone tube to create frosting-like designs
- Pliers or tweezers
Watch the video above for the full step by step.
- In a well ventilated area, frost the back of your phone cover with the silicone. You may use a frosting tip or just use a pencil to make swirls. Layer it on thick!
- Place your decorations in the toxic frosting. Note: plan your layout first before you place because it gets messy if you try to move anything once it’s in the frosting.
- Let it dry for 2 to 4 hours. Since it’s silicone, it will never dry chalky hard, it will stay a little mushy, which feels really cool, kind of like rubber. It’s also not that heavy!
- Wash your hands and call Effie to tell her what you made!
Photos and video via mrkate.com