Summertime means grill time! But it doesn’t always have to be meat, meat and more meat! I picked up these lovely and colorful Summer squash from my local farmer’s market and grilled them up, shish-kabob-style, with a tamari and honey glaze. Garnish them with some black pepper and chopped chives and you’ll be apt to say, “Burger what?”
Mr. Kate’s Grilled Summer Squash with Tamari and Honey
What You Need:
- 3 or 4 yellow summer squash
- 1 yellow zucchini (optional)
- Olive oil
- Honey (from sustainable bee keepers)
- Black pepper
- Fresh chives
- Heat your grill
- In a bowl mix about two tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of honey, one teaspoon of tamari and a sprinkle of fresh cracked black pepper
- Cut your Summer squash in quarters and your yellow zucchini in slices and put them on shish kabob sticks
- Drizzle or brush the olive oil and honey mixture onto the shish kabobs
- Grill the shish kabobs, turning them every couple minutes for about 10 minutes until tender – but not overcooked!
- Serve with a little drizzle of tamari and a nice sprinkle of chopped chives
Check out more of my original recipes here!
Serve these as a side dish with these DIY veggie burgers!
All photos via mrkate.com