Mr. Kate’s DIY Grass Nails aka Where The Fairies Play
What You Need:
- Green polish
- Dark green polish – or make your own like I did using black and green mixed together
- Yellow nail polish
- Thin tapered nail art brush – i got mine in the $8 pack of brushes I blogged about here!
- Top coat
- Other gel supplies if you’re using gel (light, cleanser, etc.) – see my basic at-home gel manicure tutorial here!
- Whatever 3D nail art you want to add, if any. ex: rhinestones, fimo rod flowers, flower decals, etc.
- Prep your nails with a clear base coat.
- Using your tapered nail art brush and your dark green polish, paint blades of grass by starting at the base of your nail and dragging upwards so it ends in a point. Do a few probably around 5 to 7 blades and cure in the light or let dry if it’s regular polish.
- Next, use your bright green to make more blades of grass over the darker green blades. Cure or let dry.
- Use the yellow to do a couple more blades to fill in any gaps and create highlights to your prior blades. Cure or let dry.
- Paint a top coat and cure or let dry.
- Optional: Use a color to make one nail a solid color and embellish with a flower nail decal. Or use rhinestones and fimo flowers on a couple nails for some bling. Just seal the 3d gem or flower onto your nail with a couple coats of clear gel top-coat. If you’re using regular polish, use nail glue and then a top coat of clear.