We at Hello Giggles are huge fans of nail art (check out more posts on nails here). I am a huge fan of gel manicures because they’re strong, dry in minutes and last for two or more weeks! I used to get them done at the salon until I realized I was spending my future child’s college tuition on my nails. Thus, I decided I needed to DIY them, for a fraction of the cost.
I did a ton of research on which at-home systems work best, etc. and the above video demos what I bought and how to use it!
You can read more details about all the supplies I bought here.
DIY Gel Mani
What You Need:
- Sensationail Starter Kit – $49 from CVS.com
- Polish color of your choice. The starter kit comes with one color or you could get more from Sensationail, Gelish or other brands.
- Pot of loose glitter
- Dry brush
- Prep your nails with the file and cuticle pusher.
- Buff the surface of your nails with the nail buffer.
- Cleanse your nails with a cotton pad and the Gel Cleanser.
- Paint one coat of Gel Primer.
- Paint one coat of base coat and cure under light for 1 minute.
- Paint one coat of your color of choice and cure under the light for 1 minute.
- Paint a second coat of color and sprinkle some loose glitter on the wet polish, then cure under the light for one minute.
- Paint a coat of top coat and sprinkle more glitter and cure for another minute under the light.
- Paint one more coat of top coat to seal in the glitter and cure under the light for one minute.
- Use the gel cleanser on a pad to clean your finished dry nails and take off the sticky residue.
All photos via mrkate.com