Sunday afternoon brought my cutie gal pal Jessie Payo over to my place so we could DIY-decorate some outfits for her upcoming Burning Man adventure! She wanted to do Tigerlily inspired costumes with a some hippie-love, Burning Man vibe thrown in… rumor is that people often run around caked with nothing more than some desert sand. The fantastic song in the video is called ‘Tous Jour’ – written and performed by Jessie Payo and Andre De Santanna . Get her EP here on iTunes!
Let the DIY begin…
- Boy shorts
- Little skirts, tutus, etc.
- Faux suede fringe trim
- Scrap leather – which I bought from the flea market
- Glue gun, to put it all together!
- Scrap leather patchwork strapless bra – a bunch of glued on pieces of various colored scrap leather covering a basic nude strapless bra totally transformed it into Native Princess!
- Teal lace ribbon, scrap leather and feather headband
- Red bra with gold leaf sequins and leather scrap trim
- R mini skirt with red, gold leaf and leather accents and a penny to weight down the flimsy fabric
- Faux suede fringe belt with beaded ribbon detail
- Leather cord headband with long end – feathers, leaf sequins, cotton and gold cord detail on the end – my homage to Avatar
- Faux suede, fringe-trimmed black bra – make sure you cover up the metal findings of the bra to make it look less like underwear – I glued extra pieces of the fabric to cover the back fasten area and more to wrap around the metal straps juncture in the front.
- Faux leather ribbon and lace ribbon bow headband with sequin and feather detail
All of these ideas can be applied to any music festival garb or maybe a Halloween costume!