You could do this line of lamps anywhere. I did it for my desk lighting, but it would work beautifully along and accent or consul table or on a dresser in a bedroom. The trick is plugging them all into a power strip and then plugging the power strip into a dimmer switch (buy at any hardware store) so you can turn all the lights on at the same time with one switch!
What You Need:
- Various lamps – I got mine from the Goodwill for $4 to $9
- Spray paint in the color(s) of your choice
- White spray paint primer (if you’re painting light or bright colors over darker lamps)
- Lamp shades -I got one from the Goodwill and 3 from Kmart
- Eco-friendly light bulbs
- Power strip with enough plugs for all your lamps
- Lamp dimmer
- If a light or bright color is desired, spray your lamp bases with white primer and let dry.
- Spray your lamp bases with one or more coats of your colorful spray paint and let dry.
- Screw in your bulbs and attach your lampshades.
- Plug all your lamps into the power strip and then plug the power strip into your lamp dimmer.
- Line your lamps up on your desk or wherever you want them.
- Plug your lamp dimmer into the wall and flick the switch to on and voila!
All photos via mrkate.com