Try it and tweet us @mrkatedotcom and @hellogiggles with photos of your #heididoody !
The Heidi Doody aka Swiss Braids aka Braid Crown
Watch the video above for the full tutorial
What You Need:
- Brush or comb
- Lots of bobby pins
- Hairspray – optional
- Tease the crown of your hair to give it height.
- Part your hair down the middle and down the back of your head – like you would to make pigtails. optional: leave two pieces out in front (face-framing) for smaller braids later.
- Take your bulk of hair on one side of your head and start a french braid up towards the crown of your head and gather hair as you braid down. repeat on the other side.
- One at a time, flip the braids upside down on top of your head creating a ‘crown’ and secure with bobby pins. Try hiding the bobby pins in the bulk of your hair and tuck the ends your braids underneath the braid and secure with a bobby pin for a clean look.
- Optional: braid two pieces from the face framing pieces of hair and pin them back into the larger braids for a more intricate look. finish with a spritz of hairspray if needed.
For more details on my outfits in the videos, click here.