You will need:
- Loads of chocolate (Yup, that’s right, we all know ‘loads of’ is on the metric scale)
- Lollipop mold (These are available from most cooking shops and on Amazon)
- Lollipop sticks (Also available on Amazon)
1. Melt your favorite chocolate either in the microwave or in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
2. Place lollipop sticks in your mold and make sure it is clean and dry.
3. Pour the melted chocolate into the mold, making sure to cover the stick.
Hard Sugar Lollipops:
You will need:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of extract (vanilla, mint, strawberry, etc.)
- food coloring (I used pink)
- lollipop mold (These are available from most cooking shops and on Amazon)
- lollipop stick (also available on Amazon)
- non-stick cooking spray.
- Prep your molds by spraying them with the cooking spray and placing your sticks inside the mold.
- Place the sugar, corn syrup and water in a saucepan and stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to boil.
- Insert a candy thermometer and allow the mixture to boil without stirring until the candy reaches 295 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove mixture from the heat and allow it to sit until it stops bubbling completely. Stir in the extract and food coloring.
- Pour your mixture into a jug to make it easier to pour into the molds.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the molds, making sure to cover the sticks completely but not go over the edge.
- Allow to cool completely and remove from the molds once the lollipops have hardened.
- Eat immediately or wrap up in cellophane and give to someone you love.