Thanks so much for the feedback on last week’s post! One of the requests y’all made was for more recipes with kale. Well, ask and you shall receive… here’s an easy pasta recipe that features, you guessed it, kale! It’s light (well, as light as pasta can be, of course) and lemony and feels kinda springlike to me, which is fitting because it’s 80 degrees today.
Along with the lemon, the yogurt-based sauce makes this pasta dish a little bit tangy. I kept the recipe very simple, so feel free to add in additional spices or veggies.
Creamy Pasta with Kale
makes 4-6 servings
total time: about 15 minutes
total hands-on time: about 15 minutes
What you’ll need:
- 1 box of pasta of your choice (I used whole wheat penne)
- 1/2 a bunch of kale, stemmed and chopped into 1/2-1 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup of plain yogurt
- 1-2 tbsps of olive oil
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- zest of 1/2 of a lemon
- 2 tsps chopped garlic (or more, if you like it!)
- 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
What you’ll do:
1. Add pasta to a pot of boiling salted water.
2. Combine yogurt, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan in a bowl; set aside.
3. About a minute or two minutes before the pasta is done, add the chopped kale to the pot and let it all boil together. Reserve about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the pasta water; drain in a colander.
4. Pour pasta into a large serving bowl and top with yogurt mixture. Stir, adding a little bit of pasta water here and there, until the sauce is thinner, but not too thin. Drizzle on a bit more oil, too.
5. Top with more salt, pepper and parmesan.