Ah! Thanksgiving just crept up on me! Here’s what I want to cook and eat and how I want to decorate… hey, that rhymes!
1. Seitan Roulade with Chestnut Stuffing – recipe from Vegan Yum Yum
2. High Protein Garlic Mashed Potatoes – recipe from Oh She Glows
3. Maple and Brown Sugar Cranberry Sauce – recipe from Cookin’ Canuck
4. Vegan Gravy – recipe from VegWeb
5. Maple Rosemary Acorn Squash – my own recipe here!
6. Tofu Pot Pie in Puffed Pastry – recipe from Vegangela
7. Vegan Pumpkin Pie – recipe from Yumcoast
8. Vegan Cherry Pie – recipe from Pie Maven
9. Vegan Pecan Pie – recipe from Free Easy Vegan
This is how I want to set my table – I’ve been yearning for gold silverware, errr goldware, for eons now!…
With this DIY burlap table runner (photos and DIY via Tara Dennis)… my love for burlap is unquenchable!
What You Need:
- Hot glue gun or fabric craft glue
- Optional: Sewing machine
- Red cotton thread
- Sharp scissors
1. Cut 6 x lengths of burlap each measuring 2 to 3 inches wide and however long you want the runner for your particular table. Then cut 30 lengths around 2 to 3 inches wide and as long as you want your runner to be width wise (probably around 2 feet wide).
2. Arrange the long strips side-by-side then weave a shorter strip across one end. Dab a small amount of glue behind each strip to secure
3. Continue weaving the shorter strips, for these it’s not necessary to glue behind each, just the two ends
4. Continue all the way along and secure the other end by gluing behind each strip
5. Trim the edges if necessary, then using a sewing machine and red cotton thread, sew a hem approximately .5″ all the way around
Photos via: MarthaStewart.com, Vegan Yum Yum, Oh She Glows, Cookin’ Canuck, VegWeb, Vegangela, Yumcoast, Pie Maven, Free Easy Vegan and Tara Dennis.