Beverly Hills 90210 (the original, don’t even get me started on the new one) is my favorite show in the entire world. I dare you to even think you know more about it than me, trust me, you don’t. People are constantly asking me to do 90210 trivia, take quizzes, it’s not even fair for me to pretend that it’s possible for me to lose this. If they handed out medals, I would be the first to get it. Also, why don’t they do that?
My love for this show got to the point where I wanted everything on screen to be my real life. Everything Donna wore I wanted to wear, even bare midriffs– and I am against bare midriffs. I watched it from beginning to end, and if you’re one of those people who thought that the show got worse as it went on, you are not a true fan. It was all good, all the time. Shout out to the Soap Network for being smart enough to continue airing my favorite thing ever. Please also note that if you stop airing this I will freak out, and have nothing to fall asleep to.
So, now I’m gonna break it down for you guys to the obvious fans who all loved Kelly and Brenda. Let me tell you who I loved, I loved Donna Martin. For the next few weeks I’ll be sharing with you why Donna Martin was the best character in the history of television. I am not exaggerating!
The first reason Donna Martin was my favorite was obviously her wardrobe. Kelly’s fashion was like, matronly. Brenda was cute, but was a little boring for me. Donna always took it to the next level. There was not a special event (spring dance, prom, halloween… you get my point) where Donna did not shine. She was fashion forward before I even knew what fashion forward meant. If you don’t believe me, check the tape.
1. Spring Dance outfit. Look at Donna shine. She took a risk, and that’s what fashion is about. She couldn’t even get out of the limo that night, but she made it work, and she looked good doing it.
2. Prom Dress. This is just a simple, chic, beautiful, regal dress. The rest looked like plain-janes compared to this high fashion model. (She was once asked to model in Paris.)
3. Halloween Costumes. When everyone else was dressing like a lame witch (boring), Donna’s costume was daring, creative, and even uncomfortable, but once again she made it work. Look at both of these AMAZING costumes! I guess the common theme with Donna is that she makes uncomfortable work.
4. Walsh’s 20th Anniversary Dress. I know this picture doesn’t do this dress justice, but it’s an Alaia. Alaia is a classic, (anyone remember Clueless?). Donna Martin was working that dress in 1994, and they’re still making this dress today! Donna Martin was clearly a trendsetter.
5. So many baby doll dresses. Baby doll dresses were popular with the whole cast. But no one was as classy as Donna. Back then nothing was a better outfit than a cute baby doll dress and a velvet choker with some sort of dangling charm (preferably a moon or a sun). Donna had the best baby doll dresses. They were all either from Judy’s, Contempo, or Wet Seal. Every dollar I got from my allowance went straight towards one of these dresses.
Feel free to test me on any of my 90210 knowledge. It would be my pleasure. I hope you learned in today’s lesson that Donna Martin was, and is, the best TV character of all time. Look forward to more of my Confessions of a Donna Martin Super Fan.