Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cheesecake Cupcakes. Yes, that is a mouthful… but it’s a delicious mouthful.
After several requests for a chocolate cheesecake, I decided it was time to create something rich and lovely. I sent my special man friend on a ski weekend and set up shop in the kitchen. A lover of chocolate and anything no-bake, this cheesecake was the result. Rich and decadent, with a slight hint of peanut butter, this flavorful dessert is perfect for a snowy winter night.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
by Laura Friendly
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours
Makes: 12 cupcakes
- 1-1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight, drained
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 to 1 cup maple syrup (to taste)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup Raw Chocolate Cacao Powder
- 3 tbsp gluten-free vanilla
- 1 to 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (to taste)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peanuts, optional
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners. If desired, layer the bottom of each liner with chopped peanuts. note: I used tall Texas Cupcake Liners, which leave plenty of room for toppings
- In a blender or food processor, add cashews and water. Blend well.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, peanut butter, cacao powder, vanilla, vinegar and salt. Pour into the cashew mixture and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide mixture between the 12 cupcake liners. note: If adding toppings such as nuts or chocolate, allow the cheesecake to chill for about 30 minutes before adding the toppings
- Chill, covered, in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, or overnight. Serve cold.
All Images & Content are by Laura Friendly. This post is written and based on my personal experience and opinion on food. The information is not intended to replace professional medical counsel. Always seek the advice of your physician if you have a food allergy. And don’t forget to smile!