Blueberries. Fresh, juicy and sweet, this weekend became an exploration in Berry possibility. Because summer cocktails are always a treat, I decided to play around with a Blueberry Mojito. I love the brillant berry color created by muddling the blueberries. Their sweet flavor, plus the fresh mint, made the perfect drink for a warm summer day.
by Laura Friendly
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup sweet blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp sugar (or more to taste)
- 1-oz. gluten-free rum, optional
- dash of fresh lime juice
- club soda
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the blueberries, mint leaves and sugar with a dash of club soda.
- Allow to sit for about 5 minutes, until the mixture has a nice berry color.
- Add in ice, rum and lime juice, shake well.
- Strain into a glass (ice optional), top with additional club soda and garnish with blueberries and mint.
All Images & Content are by Laura Friendly. This post is written and based on my personal experience and opinion on food. The information is not intended to replace professional medical counsel. Always seek the advice of your physician if you have a food allergy. And don’t forget to smile!