It’s been many years since Gossip Girl went off the airwaves, but that doesn’t mean Blair Waldorf’s epithets of wisdom aren’t as relevant today as they were then. Bow down to Blair Waldorf, the wordsmith we deserve. Here are 15 Blair quotes and how you can find ways to work them into your life, today and always.
1. “Don’t go all Notebook on me. Not now. I need you.”
Best use: When your BFF is like, WAY into her boyfriend and you’re just like, “Okay but can you stop being in love for two seconds so we can pick a spot for brunch?”
2. “I have an idea for you: quit. Your boss is a bitch. Let’s go to lunch.”
Best use: When for some reason you don’t have to work at all but your friend does and it’s cramping on your ability to find a lunch date.
3. “I’m not a stop along the way, I’m a destination.”
Best use: Your Tinder bio.
4. “Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen.”
Best use: When you need inspiration to up your hustle game.
5. “Just because we can’t be together doesn’t mean I don’t love you.”
Best use: When you are struck with a terrible case of “right person, wrong time.”
6. “He ended up treating me like something he owned instead of something he earned.”
Best use: When you realize the full extent of your self-worth and just wanna be like YASSSSS!
7. “I kissed someone. And it was truly a life-changing experience.”
Best use: When you describe an awesome first date.
8. “You can’t make people love you, but you can make them fear you.”
Best use: When you get a new job…or want to start a revolution.
9. “Feelings never do make sense. They get you all confused. Then they drive you around for hours before they drop you right back where you started.”
Best use: When you’re falling down a rabbit hole of your feelings and realize it’s all chaos anyways.
10. “Have a little faith, and if that doesn’t work, have a lot of mimosas.”
Best use: When you’re AT BRUNCH.
11. “I don’t need a boyfriend to be fulfilled.”
Best use: When you’re logging onto your dating app, say this affirmation.
12. “If you go back with an uncertain heart, there will be drama and disaster for all.”
Best use: When dispensing wisdom to your friend in one of those disastrous off-and-on relationships.
13. “When and if we end up together, it has to be as equals.”
Best use: When you consider dating someone.
14. “You can’t wear such a beautiful shoe if there’s even a hint of a sprinkle outside.”
Best use: When it’s raining and you want to wear your Louboutins.
15. “If you really want something you don’t stop for anyone or anything until you get it.”
Best use: ALWAYS.