I’d say this is the perfect DIY to start off the summer. It can also double as an outdoor dining table!
What you’ll need:
- A piece of 1 to 1.5 inch thick wood from a home improvement store (at the Home Depot they will cut it to the perfect size for only $1 per cut)
- 2 sawhorses for your wood to rest on (you can buy wood or metal sawhorses at home improvement stores – like this sweet yellow one)
- Paint colors of your choosing
- Painter’s tape
- Paint brushes and rollers
- Screws (to secure wood to sawhorses)
- Choose your pattern for your table top (could be a flag like Smiley’s or maybe a nice summer plaid)
- Tape off your pattern
- Paint your table
- Set the table-top on your sawhorses
- Secure wood to sawhorses with screws (most sawhorses have screw holes. *Make sure your screws aren’t too long to stick through the top layer of the table). Optional step but you may want to in case someone tries to do a victory dance on said table.
- Buy beer and plastic cups, balls, paddle and friends… well, don’t buy friends. And please recycle. Not the friends, the cups.
Photo by Smiley Stevens via mrkate.com
Kate Albrecht, aka Mr. Kate, guides, informs and inspires with DIY’s for your home and wardrobe, oh, she cooks and designs jewelry too!