My daughter Ruby has been going to UCB her whole life. Literally. When she was four months old, I did monologues at Asssscat with her on my hip as she was being very fussy and that was the only way to keep her entertained, being paraded on the cozy stage at the then-theater on 22nd Street. She’s been taking the stage intermittently throughout her life, doing bits – she used to pretend she was Sydney Bristow from Alias with Rob Huebel – but on this night, she was the actual monologist. She was only nine years old here, and she was able to get the improvisers to join her in playing Are You Dumber Than a Fourth Grader?
- Bridey HeingWhen senior pranks go a bit too far: The ladybug debacle
- Sammy NickallsAfter 42 years of separation, a mother meets her long-lost son. Cue the happy tears.
- Rachel PaigeFYI: There are some super-specific work outfits now banned in Australia
- Gina VaynshteynVanessa Bayer's latest ‘Sound Advice' is for Jenny Lewis and it's just what our heart needed
- Anna Swenson‘A Tale of Two Besties' brings all the feels to Tempe