My daughter Ruby has been going to UCB her whole life. Literally. When she was four months old, I did monologues at Asssscat with her on my hip as she was being very fussy and that was the only way to keep her entertained, being paraded on the cozy stage at the then-theater on 22nd Street. She’s been taking the stage intermittently throughout her life, doing bits – she used to pretend she was Sydney Bristow from Alias with Rob Huebel – but on this night, she was the actual monologist. She was only nine years old here, and she was able to get the improvisers to join her in playing Are You Dumber Than a Fourth Grader?
- Anna GragertThis is what watermelon used to look like
- Beca GrimmYou know that font all memes use? Here's why it exists
- Jill LaytonThis pop group is entirely made up of rad Japanese grandmas
- Scarlet MeyerThe time I accidentally instigated a summer camp prank war
- Jessica TholmerEverything I need to know, I learned from JK Rowling