My daughter Ruby has been going to UCB her whole life. Literally. When she was four months old, I did monologues at Asssscat with her on my hip as she was being very fussy and that was the only way to keep her entertained, being paraded on the cozy stage at the then-theater on 22nd Street. She’s been taking the stage intermittently throughout her life, doing bits – she used to pretend she was Sydney Bristow from Alias with Rob Huebel – but on this night, she was the actual monologist. She was only nine years old here, and she was able to get the improvisers to join her in playing Are You Dumber Than a Fourth Grader?
- Rachel PaigeAnother crazy ‘GoT' PSA: Show's least favorite dad might not be dead
- Kathryn LindsayThese college majors will actually cost you extra
- Lilian MinCurrent obsession: Alessia Cara's freshly dropped album (and her DIY music videos)
- Meredith BlandI got a bad tattoo—here's why it's OK
- From Our Readers What I learned when my best friend became a nun