Alpha Mulugeta was my resident adviser at USC in 2006. He currently works his days as a social worker at The Rainbow Community Center of Contra Costa County, managing a program working with LGBT youth, homeless, marginally housed, people with HIV and at risk populations. He is incredibly passionate about his work and contributes so much to the San Francisco community, which is admirable in its own right. By night, Alpha Mulugeta releases his passion for performance and music as drag queen Honey Mahogany, and it is this ability to balance two very important parts of his life that makes Alpha a true inspiration. I Skyped with Alpha, asked him some questions about his “double life” and learned that even as a performer, he spreads awareness about gender identity and the importance of embracing one’s self…
- Jen JuneauWhy we're crushing big-time on Kate McKinnon
- Kit SteinkellnerThis woman's Facebook letter to a girl who was body-shamed just moved us to tears
- Sophia EliasWe've got some truly amazing casting news about ‘The Wiz LIVE!'
- Kathryn LindsayThere's a new show about '80s supermodels, and we're obsessed with who's making it
- Lilian MinThe Weeknd's new video is getting us through hump day