Alpha Mulugeta was my resident adviser at USC in 2006. He currently works his days as a social worker at The Rainbow Community Center of Contra Costa County, managing a program working with LGBT youth, homeless, marginally housed, people with HIV and at risk populations. He is incredibly passionate about his work and contributes so much to the San Francisco community, which is admirable in its own right. By night, Alpha Mulugeta releases his passion for performance and music as drag queen Honey Mahogany, and it is this ability to balance two very important parts of his life that makes Alpha a true inspiration. I Skyped with Alpha, asked him some questions about his “double life” and learned that even as a performer, he spreads awareness about gender identity and the importance of embracing one’s self…
- Julia Abate10 key fashion pieces for summer
- Sammy NickallsForbes' Most Powerful Women list is particularly impressive this year
- Gina VaynshteynJenny Lewis' new video for "She's Not Me" is here and it's making our week
- Rachel Grate‘Jeggings' is totally a word! Merriam Webster says so!
- Sarah WaiteNails of the Day: Bowie bolts