Alpha Mulugeta was my resident adviser at USC in 2006. He currently works his days as a social worker at The Rainbow Community Center of Contra Costa County, managing a program working with LGBT youth, homeless, marginally housed, people with HIV and at risk populations. He is incredibly passionate about his work and contributes so much to the San Francisco community, which is admirable in its own right. By night, Alpha Mulugeta releases his passion for performance and music as drag queen Honey Mahogany, and it is this ability to balance two very important parts of his life that makes Alpha a true inspiration. I Skyped with Alpha, asked him some questions about his “double life” and learned that even as a performer, he spreads awareness about gender identity and the importance of embracing one’s self…
- Sophia EliasOf course, Patti Smith had the best guest at the Glastonbury Festival
- Lilian MinThis fire hair look is absolute flames
- Jill LaytonJimmy Kimmel asks kids to explain same-sex marriage. Just watch.
- Elizabeth EntenmanEmilia Clarke does her best Valley Girl impression, and like, OMG it's perfect
- Christina WolfgramBowing down to this fan who NAILED his Zendaya impression (and got her seal of approval)