Rozzi and I are HUGE Beyoncé fans. Like, HUGE. So the whole Beyoncé performance/pregnancy revelation meant a lot to us… we were pretty overwhelmed and excited. But the VMAs were all together amazing this year. Here are our top 5 favorite moments.
1. BEYONCÉ: Obviously our favorite was Beyoncé doing her thing. (Check her out in the video above). We were/are speechless. There is nothing to say, you just have to watch it.
2. Lady Gaga as Jo Calderone: We loved her monologue & her ‘You and I’ performance. We just feel like Gaga is kind of a genius. (Also her shout out to being “born this way” when she accepted her award was sick.)
3. The Amy Winehouse Tribute: We love Amy, we miss Amy and it was so cool to see her sing again on the video with Tony Bennett.
4. Britney Spears Tribute: It was great to see Brit looking so happy Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award. The dance tribute was amazing. Seeing all those outfits and videos made us feel like we were in 6th grade again.
5. Tyler, The Creator: Tyler winning best new artist is THE BEST. We love OFWGKTA and are so excited they won. Tyler’s mom was so happy and so were we. (Also, Odd Future dance battling with Will Ferrell, Seth Rogan, and Jack Black was unreal.)
So guys… we did this and then realized we had at least 5 more fav moments. So here’s part two:
1. ‘Otis’: Kanye and Jay Z are SO swagged out, we can’t even talk about it. Also, when Jay Z turns his hat around from wearing forward to wearing it backwards, we died!
2. Adele: Singing ‘Someone Like You’. Every time she sings, it’s so moving. We were silent.
3. Jessie J: She was working so hard in a cast, sitting in that throne of a chair. Girlfriend can sing.
4. Kanye hugging Jay: After Beyoncé sang ‘Love On Top’ and announcing her pregnancy to the world… Jay has never looked happier.
5. Justin Bieber kissing Selena Gomez’s cheek in the pre-show. They were trying to be so serious and professional. But like, he loves her and wanted to kiss her.
Featured image via NY Daily News