It’s no surprise that we’re absolutely in love with New Girl. Currently in its third season, the show keeps pumping out hilarious dialogue and amazing moments. Who didn’t commiserate with Jess when she got way too many Chinese food menus? Who didn’t tear up when Nick presented her with that absolutely amazing birthday? Who can’t wait to see what happens next?
Not only have I personally turned many friends and family members into fans (even inspiring my sister to purchase a Hulu Plus account, which she cancelled immediately after catching up), but I can keep watching repeats and find new moments that I didn’t even notice during the first watch. I’m guessing that in the world of television, that might just make me a mega-fan. And as a mega-fan, here are a few things I’m hoping to see throughout the remainder of this season.
1. More Winston and Jess plots. They were hilarious together in “Bathtub”, and it’s a dynamic we haven’t seen too much of since. While it’s great that Jess wanted to be better friends with Coach, I hope her next goal is to be best friends with Winston.
2. True Happiness For Cece. Maybe not even with Schmidt, since I’m really digging the friendship they’ve finally managed to have. Since her modeling days are numbered, and her bartending days might be reaching a close (if that pesky coworker sticks around), I hope Cece finds something else that’s totally her.
3. More Nick Miller Dance Moves. Seriously, they get me every time. Something about the way Jake Johnson contorts both his face and his body make me crack up, which is why I’m super glad that gifs exist. In fact, if anyone was made for gifs, it’d be Nick Miller.
4. More Ferguson. What happened to Ferguson? Sure, he marked both the end and the new beginning of Winston’s adventures in dating, but he’s been MIA. I know working with animals can be difficult on set, but – I just can’t get over that cute face.
5. Less of Nick and Jess Doubting Their Relationship. Hopefully by now, these two crazy kids have realized that what they have is unique, and can’t be easily torn apart – not by Jess’s Dad, not by Schmidt, not by past relationships, and definitely not by confusing and scary sexual moves. While Jess’s odd reaction to Nick’s first “I love you” was comical and rang true to real life, hopefully she knew to expect those three scary words soon. It’s obvious that dude is crazy about her, and vice versa.
6. Nick Should Eventually Complete Law School. He was so close to graduating, but he gave it up. I think it’d be a fantastic story arc for Nick to finish what he started – even if he has no interest, whatsoever, in being a lawyer. Just like he finished his zombie novel, I think that finishing up his education would just do wonders for his personal morale.
7. Schmidt Should Apologize To Elizabeth. While I wasn’t on Team Elizabeth, I still think the two of them could have a friendship equally as great as the one he has with Cece. Elizabeth knows the original Schmidt on a level that Nick doesn’t, which would make her occasional cameos kind of interesting. Also, it’s just the right thing to do.
8. Sadie and Melissa – Let’s See Their Baby! I love Dr. Sadie, and can’t wait to see how motherhood is treating her. After all, we last saw her when she was super pregnant at Cece’s bachelorette party – and that was last season!
9. More Tran Moments. Did anyone else crack up when Nick included him in Jess’s birthday video? Tran is hilarious, and oddly enough, one of the few individuals who can keep Nick grounded. Kudos to the show for keeping him around – and, please keep him in your mind for future episodes. (The same goes for Outside Dave and Remy. I cheer when they have a scene!)
10. Roommates For Schmidt. While he finally set up his loft to be a bachelor paradise, let’s at least give him a roommate or two, so he’s not eating grapes and crying. While I’m guessing he won’t stay there forever, it’s a bummer to realize he’s so far removed from the fun in 4D. Know who I’d love to see moving in? Robby. And not just because I think Nelson Franklin is an underrated actor.
11. More scenes of Jess and Cece growing up. It was really sweet when Cece told Jess that she was her first student – and I have to add, the young actress who played Cece during that moment in the library was absolutely incredible. I’d love to see their friendship blossoming a bit more, if they decide to do another flashback episode. (And bring back that actress!)
12. More True American. Listen, I know there’s a set of rules online. But I learn best with visuals, and I still haven’t figured out how to play. Keep in mind, True American brought on the first and best kiss that Jess and Nick ever had. Who knows what future games have in store?