So, I’m really thankful that I’m getting married and such, but it’s not all sunshiny love times. There are annoying things about weddings and I’m here to tell it like it is. Besides, growing up with Dawson’s Creek taught me that it’s okay to complain if your heart is in the right place. So, without further ado, here is my Top 10 list of things I hate about weddings:
1. Hair style dilemmas. Who can make curls stay in for ten hours? I don’t think even Gwyneth can do that.
2. Why does a Facebook invitation not suffice? People lose the real deal invites and look stuff up on the website anyway.
3. Wedding website templates. Can we move these into 2011? Maybe HelloGiggles should get in on this.
4. Even though we’re buying you appetizers, cocktails, dinner and dessert, we still owe you a favor. Does that elaborately wrapped truffle really make or break the night?
5. Cake cutting fees ($3/slice), corkage fees ($18/bottle), champagne pouring fees ($5/glass), any kind of fee.
6. Fondant. Or as I call it, devil cake ruiner.
7. The need to pretend to prefer fancy wine and beer. I know you all will be drinking Coors Light at the hotel bar after party.
8. Having to cross friends off the guest list because weddings are so expensive (I would put a sad face here if I wasn’t trying to progress beyond emoticons).
9. In what other situation would the people being celebrated pay for everything? If it was my birthday, you would buy me drinks.
10. The weird compulsion to invite Kathleen from Girl Scouts because that friendship really symbolizes fourth grade for me.
Thanks for listening, Giggles. I promise there will be a positive top ten list coming soon, but for now, let’s be more Joey and less Dawson.
Image via She Knows